For Every Order Placed During the Month of February, Frontier Soups will Donate a $1 to The American Heart Association!
The American Heart Association
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. The good news? Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions. To lower your risk:
1. Watch your weight.
2. Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
3. Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
5. Get active and eat healthy.
How can American Heart Month make a difference?
We can use this month to raise awareness about heart disease and how people can prevent it both at home and in the community.
Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices. Make a difference in your community: Spread the word about strategies for preventing heart disease and encourage people to live heart healthy lives.
Here are just a few ideas:
1. Encourage families to make small changes, like using spices to season their food instead of salt.
2. Motivate teachers and administrators to make physical activity a part of the school. This can help students start good habits early.
3. Ask doctors and nurses to be leaders in their communities by speaking out about ways to prevent heart disease.