- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Red Kidney Bean, Pink Bean, Cranberry Bean, Bell Pepper, Onion, Paprika, Coriander, Cumin, Celery, Japonés Chile Pepper, Oregano, Bay leaf and Cayanne.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
(½ cup or 1/2 lb. thinly sliced pork)
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground Chuck
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 2 cups Beef Broth (14 oz. can)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Note: We recommend soaking the beans overnight for best cooking results. Undercooked dark red kidney beans can cause serious digestive problems.
Preparing the beans:
- Pick through the beans. Remove discolored, shriveled beans and any foreign material. Rinse well.
- Place the beans in a bowl with 8 cups water and soak for 4 hours at room temperature or overnight. For a quick soak boil for 10 minutes and let stand for 2 hours.
- Drain beans and place in a 4 quart pot with 8 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and set aside until ready to use.
Preparing the soup:
- In a 4-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cut bacon into smaller pieces and sauté in oil.
- Add ground beef into pot and continue to brown.
- Stir in contents of chili pix packet and brown sugar. For milder chili, remove one or both chile peppers.
- Add drained, cooked beans, tomatoes, broth and wine to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Remove chile peppers. Salt and pepper to taste.