- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Cranberry Bean, Corn Pasta, Carrot, Bell Pepper, Celery, Basil and Parsley.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 8 oz. Sliced Bacon (or 8 oz. diced ham)
- 1 Purple Onion, diced (optional)
- 8 Cups Beef Broth (64 oz.)
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Pint Fresh (or 1 Box Frozen) Brussels Sprouts, quartered or 2 cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (29 oz.)
Preparing the beans:
- Pick through the beans. Remove discolored, shriveled beans and any foreign material. Rinse well. Set aside until ready to use.
Preparing the soup:
- Cut bacon in 1/2 inch pieces and sauté for 10 minutes over medium heat in a 6 or 8-quart pot until nearly crisp.
- Add onion, if using, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in contents of New York Corner Café Minestrone Mix vegetable packet and toss lightly.
- Add beans, beef broth and water to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add tomatoes and brussel sprouts (or shredded cabbage). Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Two cups shredded cabbage may be substituted for brussels sprouts in this classic Italian “Big Soup”.