- What you need
- Cooking instructions
White corn polenta grits, freeze-dried corn, ground peppercorn blend, allspice.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Bring milk to a slow boil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add cut-up butter and Polenta Mix.
- Cook and stir continuously until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add salt and beat for 3-5 minutes with hand-held electric mixer.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle both cheeses and melted butter over the top of polenta.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight (for best results).
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes or until browned on top.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.
- Serve as the perfect side dish for a savory dinner or brunch.