- What you need
- Cooking instructions
White corn polenta grits, freeze-dried corn, ground peppercorn blend, allspice.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Bring milk to a slow boil in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add cut-up butter and packaged polenta.
- Cook on medium low heat and stir almost continuously until thick about 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add salt and contents of roasted corn seasoning packet.
- Beat 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour mixture into flat 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle both cheeses and melted butter over the top.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.