- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Spice packet: green chilies, red ancho peppers and cayenne.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in 8×8 pan in oven – butter may turn brown. Then, swirl butter in pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour remaining butter from pan into mixing bowl. Blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Add cornbread mix and contents of spice packet and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into preheated pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until cornbread is firm on top and lightly browned.