- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Corn Pasta, Wild Rice, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Leek, Parsley, Chive, Thyme, Bay leaf and Savory.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 1½ tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1½ tbsp. Butter
- 10 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Quartered Chicken or 2 Large Chicken Breasts (3-4 Cups)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 box Frozen Peas or Asparagus Pieces (10 oz.)
- Optional: 1 cup White Wine
- In a 6-quart pot, melt butter over low heat. Add oil and stir in contents of Wisconsin Lakeshore Wild Rice Soup Mix vegetable packet.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Rinse wild rice in a strainer and add to soup pot.
- Add chicken parts (or cut up chicken breast) and freshly ground pepper to soup pot.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove chicken to cool.
- Cut chicken meat off the bones and return to pot.
- Bring back to a boil. Add pasta and wine, if desired. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add peas or asparagus during final 3 minutes of cooking time and serve.