- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in 8×8 pan in oven – butter may turn brown. Then, swirl butter in pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour remaining butter from pan into mixing bowl. Blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Add contents of cornbread mix and stir thoroughly. Pour mixture into preheated pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cornbread is firm on top and lightly browned