homemade in minutes
- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Onion, Black Beluga Lentil, Carrot, Leek, Ground Peppercorn Bleand (Black, White, Green and Pink Peppercorn, Allspice) and Spices. Oregano and Nutmeg
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large, sweet onion (about 3 cups)
- 6 cups beef broth (48 oz.)
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 Tbsp.Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. sugar (optional)
- Suggestion: Top each bowl with Gruyere cheese and croutons
- Peel onion and cut into quarters, then cross cut quarters to form narrow semi-circle slices.
- In a 4-quart pot melt butter and sauté onion 10 minutes, or to caramelize onion, add 1 teaspoon sugar and continue to cook for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in Chicago Bistro French Onion Soup Mix and stir 30 seconds.
- Add broth, apple cider or juice and Worcestershire.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Serve as is or may top each bowl with croutons and Gruyere cheese.