- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Navy Bean, Carrot, Potato, Onion, Pea, Celery, Yellow Bell Pepper, Thyme, Bay leaf, Sage
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour or use 2 tablespoons cornstarch for gluten free
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- Optional: Leftover Turkey Meat, cut into ½ inch cubes may be substituted for chicken!
- In a 4-quart pot melt butter and sauté onion 5 minutes.
- Add flour or cornstarch, stir continuously for 30 seconds to form paste.
- Stir in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir until thickened.
- Add contents of Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew Mix and chicken (or turkey).
- Bring to a simmer again, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Serve this thick-as-pot pie soup with biscuits on the side!
Soup will thicken if made ahead, may want to add 1 or 2 cups more broth when serving.