- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Green Lentil, Red Lentil, Rice, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Leek, Paprika Basil and Oregano.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
- 12 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Can (29 oz) Petite Diced Tomato
- 3 Medium Zucchini, Diced, (4 Cups)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- Pick through the lentils. Remove discolored, shriveled lentils and any foreign material. Rinse well.
- In a 6 or 8-quart pot, heat olive oil.
- Crumble and brown mild italian sausage in oil.
- Stir in contents of Indiana Harvest Sausage and Lentil Soup Mix seasoning packet.
- Stir in broth and lentils. Bring pot to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, and red wine. Bring back to a simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.