- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Acini de Pepe Pasta (Semolina, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Panko (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt), Onion, Carrot, Celery, Parsley, Garlic, Ground Peppercorn Blend (Black, White, Green and Pink Peppercorn, Allspice), Oregano, Bay leaf, Rosemary, Nutmeg
Nutrition: Nothing artificial.
Allergen: This product contains wheat.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped, optional
- 1 lb. Turkey Italian Sausage, about 4-5 links
- 2 Egg Whites, or 1 Egg, Beaten
- 10 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Head Escarole, Chopped, about 4 cups (may substitute 1 box frozen spinach, thawed & drained)
- Optional: Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Preparing the meatballs:
To form meatballs easily, keep a bowl of cold water nearby and dip fingers between rolling meatballs.
- Push the turkey sausage out of the casings into mixing bowl. Discard casings.
- Add contents of smaller packet of breadcrumb mixture and egg to the bowl with the turkey. Combine mixture well.
- Form small meatballs by hand, about 60. Set aside in refrigerator, or freezer, until ready to add to the soup.
Preparing the soup:
- In a 6 quart pot, heat oil over medium low heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, then add the contents of the larger vegetable seasoning packet. If omitting onion, add the contents of the larger vegetable seasoning packet to the oil, stir for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Uncover,bring soup to a boil. Stir in tiny pasta and escarole (or spinach).
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes. If soup is too thick, add 1-3 cups of water, as needed.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread for a fine family dinner.