- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Corn Pasta, Rice, Carrot, Corn, Bell Pepper, Celery, Tomato, Parsley, Scallion, Garlic, Bay leaf and Sage.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 2 Tbsp. Oil (olive or vegetable)
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 8 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth (64 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen baby or petite peas
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Add 2 cups leftover cut up turkey or chicken for a protein-filled vegetable soup.
- Boost vegetable content by adding 2 cups of your favorite chopped vegetable such as cauliflower, yellow squash or zucchini.
- Garnish each serving with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- If soup becomes too thick, add cup of water or additional broth.
- In a 4-quart pot, sauté chopped onion oil over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add contents of Ohio Valley Vegetable Soup Mix and toss lightly.
- Add broth and stir, Add cut up chicken or turkey, if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in contents of the pasta packet, and return to a simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and peas, continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes uncovered, and serve this bountiful medley of summer vegetable in any season.