homemade in minutes
- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Red Lentil, Carrot, Onion, Crystallized Ginger, Turmeric, Cumin, Cardamom, Ground Peppercorn Blend (Black, White, Green and Pink Peppercorn, Allspice) Cinnamon and Cayenne
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 2 lbs. whole carrots, scrubbed, not peeled
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (32 oz.)
- 1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz.)(omit for a simple pureed version or substitute cream)
- Wash thoroughly and cut carrots into 1-inch chunks. Remove ends.
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in soup mix and brown sugar.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand immersion blender or hand mixer in the soup pot, or in batches in a food processor, puree soup, leaving some little pieces for texture.
- Return soup to pot, add coconut milk, cook on low 5 minutes and serve.