homemade in minutes
- What you need
- Cooking instructions
Black Bean, Corn, Bell Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Chili Powder, Cumin
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
- 6 cups chicken broth (48 oz.)
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (8-12 oz.)
- 1 jar salsa (12–16 oz) (choose mild, medium or HOT!)
- Optional Garnish: 4 oz. tortilla chips, crumbled, or tortilla strips
- In a 4-qt pot bring broth and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in soup mix, chicken and salsa.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve as is, or with tortilla chips on top!
I just tried your Tortilla Soup mix today and it was awesome. I usually can’t find soup mixes that don’t have salt in them, so I am forced to make my own soups from scratch. This was a surprising and wonderful alternative. I added a cup of frozen corn and can of black beans. Thank you so much.
This one is always a winner! I add tomatoes, corn, bell peppers, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and either green beans, or zucchini. I serve with wheat thins or tortilla chips, and it is so delicious! This makes enough for the two of us to eat for several meals…thank you for a great base to build a healthy meal on!!