1. In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in Florida Sunshine Red Pepper Corn Chowder Mix ingredients.
2. Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Add heavy cream, continue cooking on low for 10 minutes with seafood or chicken, if desired.
4. Turn off heat, let stand 5 minutes and serve!
To boost vegetables, add 1 cup diced potato and/or cauliflower with soup mix. In final 10 minutes of cooking, add 1 cup diced red pepper and/or 1 cup diced celery.
To boost whole grains, add ½ cup quick-cooking brown rice or ½ cup whole grain quinoa, and 1 cup water with soup mix.
To give a Mediterranean twist, prepare with 12 ounces shrimp, scallops, or cut up salmon, cod or other fish and add during final 10 minutes of cooking time.
To cut saturated fat, puree 1 can plain, no salt added corn kernels until creamy and substitute for cream. Or mix 1/2 cup plain potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes) with ½ cup nonfat milk and substitute for cream. Use plain instant potato flakes with no sauce, no salt added or sugar added.
To cut sodium, prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
For a cold variation, simmer soup according to original cooking instructions for 30 minutes.
Cool completely on stovetop. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Puree soup in a food processor, food mill, or with a hand mixer.
Stir in cream.
Garnish with fresh snipped dill!
Add 1-2 cans drained clams for the last five minutes of cooking time.
Serving Size 4 1/2 tbsp dry mix
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.